My Dog is Addicted
September 10, 2015
My dog actually picked out the Starmark Everlasting Bento Ball toy (with the treat already inserted) at the pet store. I caved, purchased it, and as soon as she finally finished the treat inside, I knew I had to get more. I found these treat refills cheaper on this website than anywhere else, so I stocked up. My dog is a 60 pound pitbull, not super destructive with toys, but either way I am happy that one disc lasts her about an hour and a half of solid chewing.
- The treat lasts longer than most chew treats/sticks. It is nice when I need my dog to be distracted for a while.
- They don't break down much after a slobber fest - you can easily take it away and give it back later and it will have dried without losing much integrity.
- Because they don't break down much, they are not very messy. You won't find crumbs and gummy stuff all over your floors.
- The smell is sweet, it does not stink like many chews (ie some bully sticks, etc) so it is great indoors.
- The toy itself is easy to rinse and clean after each use.
- This specific treat is wheat and soy free.
- The treats have corn starch, which may or may not be a red flag for consumers.
- The treats are difficult to get into the Everlasting Bento Ball toy. There is a suggestion to moisten the edges of the treat but it still takes a bit of a struggle. Mine is still new though, perhaps when it is broken in, the treats will be easier to get in.
- I can imagine the treats wouldn't last quite as long for a more chew-driven/destructive dog.